January 11, 2012

A sneak peek

I have been working on a quilt for my sister Suzi for a few years. When she saw the multitude of pink blocks that I made (see previous posts) she wanted a quilt made out of them. I tried several ways to set the blocks but they just would not work.

I think we finally found the solution but I've decided to show an older one that didn't quite work out. I'm still going to use it as a border along the bottom of the completed quilt.

The panel below was done in my appliqué phase. (pictures of that to be shown later!) I thought they would look fun if it looked like they were "floating" on a pink background. So I appliquéd them to the pink fabric.

I like the end result but it took way too much time (for a queen sized quilt) and I got bored doing the appliqué.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

1 comment: